Saturday, August 29, 2009

I know. I know. I've been bad about updating. We've been doing really well. We're right where we need to be to get everything done by Friday. The seats moved in this morning. The theatre seats that we use go from Telluride to Sundance and are used at their festival. They usually come back a little beat up, but this is the worst I've ever seen them. It looked like Sundance had decided to set up a theatre in the snow and left these seats out in the weather for a while. We spent about two hours cleaning them. There are always a bunch of broken seats and, no matter how hard I've tried, I can't fix them. Last year I tried super strong epoxy glue and zip ties to fix the broken arm rests. Nothing worked until one of the very handy guys that works with us came up with a drill and a bunch of nuts and bolts.

Moving the seats in went relatively smoothly except they brought the wrong truck first. The seats are loaded into two separate trailers that go to Utah and then are stored at the Telluride Airport. The seats should unload so that the theatre fills from back to front. This morning, they brought the wrong truck first so the room basically filled from front to back. It caused a few traffic jams, but it worked out.

I'm taking the night off and hanging out in an empty condo by myself. It's great!

No comments: