Sunday, September 7, 2008

Lazy Sunday


Today I wandered down to the end of town to take a look at Bridal Veil Falls. It was only about a fifteen minute walk past the end of the business district, but I hadn't walked down there since my first year out here. It was such a beautiful day and when you get past Town Park, it gets so quiet and you really feel like you're in the middle of nowhere. There are a few houses and I saw one or two cars, but it's pretty uninhabited. I saw about a million chipmunks. They were very, very cute and chubby. The building at the top of the falls was once a power plant and is now a house. If you saw the movie The Prestige they did a really crazy shot running up the waterfall to this house. I can't imagine living up there. And, apparently, the people who live there have small children. What a weird place to grow up. From time to time, when it snows a lot, these people get completely stuck in their house. They did install some sort of zip line like escape chair to get out, but it just seems like a really odd place to live. I think it actually might be for sale. Can you blame them?

No comments: