Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Basics

Another thing I forgot about Telluride: You can see the galaxy here. We were walking back from the movie last night and I looked up at the sky and suddenly remembered how beautiful the stars are here. I keep going to bed so early that I'd hardly been out after dark! The stars are so bright and the galaxy cuts this swath across the sky. If you've never had the chance to see it, get out somewhere really dark and far away from city lights and look up. Actually, I've only ever seen it when I've been in the mountains (once in Virginia and everytime I've been here) so I don't know if altitude has something to do with it as well.

Today, I spent most of the day outside in the sun painting. We just had to repaint a ticket booth of sorts to clean it up a little. It was nice to not be in the office today, but it was certainly hot. My temperature gauge is all thrown off. I'm used to coming out here from Atlanta and thinking that Telluride is nice and cool, but I swear it's hotter here than it is in Seattle.

Tomorrow is a day of meetings, but I'm going to escape the office for the afternoon if I just have to disappear to do it. I hate spending all day inside in a place like this! Although, I guess I should enjoy these really slow days while it lasts because next week is going to start the crazy push to the end. I'm already scared of the calendar I've drawn up!

No comments: