Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The World's Best Commute



Today I spent the morning on the computer moving things around that I realized during the night weren't going to work in the order I had them. I had a confidence boosting moment when one of the big managers said, "You'll be alright" and then we proceeded to have a conversation about what exactly was happening when and how many people it would take to do it and I never had to go back and look at my notes. Apparently, this stuff really is sticking in my brain and getting organized.

I took the free Gondola today to Mountain Village to take a look around. I was going through the notes from last year and kept finding references to landmarks in Mountain Village that I couldn't picture in my head. So, I decided I needed to go see it. The Gondola takes about 12 minutes to go from Telluride to MV and it's a beautiful ride. I took it once last year, very early in the morning, and thought that it would be the best way to commute to work everyday. You just slowly glide along and get an amazing view of the mountains. It only gets annoying when you're stuck in it with a little kid that won't shut up. It's cute for about two minutes, but then you have ten more to listen to them scream about the trees.

Tonight, I'm going to see a movie called Black Book. The festival apparently likes to educate us on film history and will show movies about twice a week. Most of them are old and things you've never heard of or things that you'd never get a chance to see because they're not on DVD. Sometimes though, they throw in something random and fun like The Big Lebowski...then we just all bring white russians to the screening and it gets pretty interesting.

No comments: