Saturday, August 16, 2008

The end of Week 1


There is a tradition within the Production Crew at the Film Festival that every year one of the Dogs (they're basically interns) dresses up like a superhero of sorts and rides around town to deliver cookies to everyone. He's called Cookie Boy and the entire town knows about him. Each Cookie Boy gets to design his own costume, but it usually involves tights and a cape. This year's poor Cookie Boy has had a bit of a rough time. He was questioned by the police one day last week after a concerned parent called to report some strangely dressed guy handing out cookies to kids (he wasn't actually giving them cookies, they just happened to be a bunch of kids around). Then, yesterday, his cape got caught in the wheel of his bike and he went flying over the handle bars...and broke his arm.

So, other than the Cookie Boy happenings, this week was pretty boring. I spent a lot of time in front of a computer and running around town trying to find things. We can't get into the Conference Center (where the theatre will be) until Tuesday so I kind of hit a point on Thursday where there wasn't anything else I could do. This is our one weekend off before the Festival so I'm pretty much just laying around all day. Last night, there was a free Taj Mahal concert in Mountain Village. It was completely packed with just about the entire town of Telluride. I stayed until it started hailing, but I got a really good view of the sunset on the way back down the Gondola. I ran into some co-workers when I got off the Gondola and we went to this really amazing french restaurant for cocktails and appetizers. My friend Ehren called me at about 11:30 and I met up with him to play some pinball...which I'm apparently really bad at. It was good fun and I got to spend some good, quality time with some old friends. My plan is to do absolutely nothing today and then head to a barbeque and party this evening.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Dana,

I'm lovin your blog! Maybe you'd better not hang out with Cookie Boy!

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey dana girl.

I once have a room like this when I was a child(about 7, or 8). I spent hours there imagining my story. That was a rather sweet memory.

Thanks for it.