Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I am now dealing with the crap that I've never wanted to deal with. Basically, the crew that I work on is the Production crew. We put everything together and take it apart. The crew that actually runs the theatres for the weekend is the Operations crew. They came into town this past weekend and they, notoriously, show up at the theatres and tell you that everything you've done is wrong...while you know that everything you've done is right. It's just a constant struggle between those of us who look at it all and go, "um, I've been here getting dirty and bruised and stressed out for the past three weeks while you've been at home watching tv" and those guys who seem to come in with a sense of entitlement about it all. I learned this my first year of the festival and I've escaped it for the past three years. This year, I'm right in the thick of it all and having to bite my tongue on an hourly basis. I just smile and nod and say, "I'll see what I can do" a lot.

And I will. But I make no promises.

1 comment:

ScaughtFive said...

You've got it down. Sometimes you gotta be opaque to keep everything moving in the right direction. Come home soon girl, your scaughty needs you!