Monday, August 11, 2008

Day 1

I spent today reading through the manual that tells me exactly what I need to do to set up the theatre that I'm in charge of putting together. My brain got very squishy, but I think I got it into some order that makes sense. I spent hours working on a very detailed calendar only to find out that the access dates we have to the venue may be different than what I was told this morning. Oh well, I cleared out the first couple of iffy days and just made the weekend super heavy so everyone will hate me. But, I really had no choice. Apparently, the government of the town of Mountain Village (which is just over the hill from Telluride) has split into two parts: the actual city government that provides all of the services and the Homeowners Association that collects all of the property taxes and therefore has all of the money. This is a new development from last year so now we're dealing with two systems that don't exactly get along. They've each scheduled all kinds of events for the conference center (where my theatre is) so we have to just kind of set up around them. It's going to be a mad dash, but I think it'll work.

My favorite calendar entry I made today: Check on the status of Chuck's brain.

I'm going to actually go walk into town now and see if things have changed much from last year. It seems that businesses don't normally close in this town, they just swap buildings. It's really odd.

No comments: